CODE OF CONDUCT
The Cyber Security community should be truly open and welcoming for everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in AtlSecCon’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the AtlSecCon representatives on-site will be final.
Expected behavior includes, but is not limited to:
* Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
* Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
* Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
* Unacceptable behaviors & materials include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
* Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
* Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
* Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by AtlSecCon, show management, and the Venue in their sole discretion.
* Boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
* Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
* Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. AtlSecCon does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the Venue.
* Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify event staff, Venue staff or an AtlSecCon Board Member as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Event Staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of staff. Staff can be found in the Show Office onsite or you may email one of the contacts below.
* Emergency: dial 911
* Halifax Regional Police Non-emergency Dispatch: (902)490-5020 or (902)490-7252
* Halifax Regional Police Incident Reports: (902)490-5016
* Halifax Convention Centre: (902)421-8686
To whom does this apply?
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.